QA Automation Engineer
- Design, build and maintain story based test automation scripts for UI, database and ReSTful service validation using Cucumber and Ruby through business, functional, and technical expertise.
- Design, build and maintain automated load test scripts using Neustar or JMeter load test tools.
- Perform user story validation including the use of exploratory test methodologies.
- Enhance automation frameworks based on project needs.
- Help to define automation best practices.
- Adhere to defined coding standards and conventions.
- Interface with developers and system architects to ensure applications are designed to be testable while ensuring tags, object ID’s, component and page name standards are in place.
- Ensure that automation follows a consistent, maintainable, and extendable architecture.
- Run automation suites and evaluate results as builds are deployed to the test environment, ensuring bug reports are submitted and tracked in accordance with unit procedures.
- Take ownership of QA initiatives and work closely with members of the leadership team to ensure completion of milestones.
- Serve as a quality coach and advocate on assigned agile team to further enable continuous improvement while fostering an environment where methods are assess and enhanced.
- Identify and clearly document errors and inconsistencies in the functionality, usability and performance of the software using defect tracking tools
- Clearly communicate test activities, escalation of problems, improvement opportunities and results in oral and written methods for a diverse audience. Engagement with an assigned scrum team is an important part of this role.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field